Porphyra is a world with two distinct types of land mass. There are the indigenous territories that have been present since the lost formation of the world in the age before the Elemental Lords and there are the Landed Territories. When aboriginal orcs and elves of Porphyra combined forces to call new Gods to the world to help overthrow the Elemental Lords, those New Gods brought pieces of their favourite worlds with them. These regions are known as Landed Territories.
From the Landed Territories come the Landed Races. There are dozens of races Landed on Porphyra that are similar to their indigenous cousins. One of these is the Landed Races of orcs (or Piggins as they are called by the indigenous).
Landed Orcs Racial Characteristics
- +2 Str, +2 Wis, -2 Int: Landed orcs are strong willed with strong devotion to physical fitness. They do not value formal learning systems or schooling.
- Orc: Landed orcs are humanoids with the orc subtype. Landed orcs do not possess light sensitivity they have the day runner characteristic (see below) instead.
- Medium: Landed orcs are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Landed orcs have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Landed orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Cornered Fury: When a landed orc is reduced to half its hit points or fewer and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, it gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class.
- Dayrunner: Landed orcs refuse to yield to any foe, including the sun. Some spend hour upon hour glaring at the sun until their ruined eyes acclimatize to bright light. Landed orcs with this racial trait take a –2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls.
- Greed: Raiding is part of every landed orc’s education, as such they gain a +2 bonus on Appraise checks to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
- Illusion Resistance: Landed orcs are not easily fooled by the coloured lights made by mages. They gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells or effects.
- Orc Ferocity: Once per day, when a landed orc is brought below 0 hit points but not killed, he can fight on for 1 more round as if disabled. At the end of his next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, he immediately falls unconscious and begins dying.
- Resentment: Landed orcs resent their transport to the Patchwork Planet and they hold all other orcs and elves personally responsible. Landed orcs gain a +1 racial bonus on damage rolls against creatures with the orc or elf subtype.
- Survivalists: Landed orcs have learned to thrive in all environments. They gain as +2 racial bonus to all Survival checks.
- Languages: Landed orcs speak Orcish. Landed orcs with high Intelligence scores can chose from the following: Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Undercommon.